Saturday, February 28, 2009

FINALLY!

Today I found the dress of my dreams - the dress I will wear in less than 6 months at my August wedding!

So, my plan for today was to go dress shopping with my future mother in-law Barb, who I adore and her daughter (my future sister in-law) who I also adore. :) We got out of the house today around 12. And we went to three stores.
1st store: There I liked two dresses but I didn't love them. Sooo...
2nd store: There the people were such bitches (excuse my choice of wording) so I honestly didn't want to try on anything there. However I did & then I left.
3rd store: The final store - ending at David's Bridal. A little story about me and David's their dresses are beautiful. I love them. But I had tried honestly, no I mean honestly EVERY dress in that store. (I tried it on and if I didn't like it I would "X" it out in the bridal book I have from there at my house.) But I did pick bridesmaid dresses from David's for my girls and Bre wanted to choose whether she was going to order the strapped dress or the strapless dress (she ordered the strapless today... it looked so cute on her!). So arriving at David's Bre (my further sister in-law) waiting in line while Barb looked through all of the wedding dresses. Barb called me out of line and threatened Bre to stay in line because the store was VERY busy and there were people everywhere and no rooms open. I walked over to Barb to see the dress she had found... she said, "what about this one" Hmm doesn't look like I've tried it on before, wait is that a tea-length dress? NOPE! Hmmm.. never seen that dress before. As the rooms opened they were taking people back to a room. It was our turn. Our sales associate Tammy came out and am I glad that she was so pleasant. she let me show her the dress that Barb found and she gathered two other dresses for me, while Breanne and I ventured into the bridesmaid dresses to find her dresses to try on.
We met in room 17.
Where I grabbed that dress Barb had found and tried it on.
I tried it on and didn't want to take it off.
It was PERFECT!
After trying on a billion dresses (well maybe not a billion but at least 50+ dresses)
I have found THE ONE!
(Thanks for going with me today Barb & Bre)

It is sooo perfect.

I want to post pictures but Rick (my fiance') often views my blog. So maybe if I can keep him off of here for a week or two I can post a picture. :)

Until then: It is white, somewhat fitted, strapless, with a lace/ little beaded detail overlay, it has a beautiful cage train. It is exactly what I pictured myself wearing on my wedding day. I honestly did NOT want to take this dress of it made me feel so beautiful and confident. You better believe I walked out of that store with the dress in bag - in hand!

::::::: I'M SO HAPPY WITH MY DRESS ::::::: :) :) :) :)

8 comments:

  1. AAAAAHHHHHHHH ERICA!!!!!! I am sooooooo soooo sooo sooo excited for you. There better be an email in my hotmail asap with a link to your dress in it. AHHHHH im so excited i cant wait. I am sooo happy for you love. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I know how it feels if you find THE dress....!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! That is so exciting! Congrats on finding your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very exciting!!
    Congratulations!

    ~Lilian~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh congratulations! Finding the right dress is not only exciting but such a relief!!!

    ReplyDelete