Monday, February 23, 2009

So Lucky

What’s in a song??

Have you ever been driving in the car listening to the radio and hear a song that you feel was written just for you? So many times we can relate a song to our life no matter what we are going through. Recently I heard this song by Jason Mraz featuring Colbie Callait. When I heard this song I thought of Erica and our relationship. Although there are always ups and downs we make it through each time because I am in love with my best friend. We understand each other and just knowing we are together makes everything okay. When I hear Colbie’s voice I hear Erica singing to me.

So to me what’s in a song? It’s your heart, it’s what you feel and it’s what you relate to your life as you listen to it. Music is therapy to our heart and soul. Some of the lyrics to the song are posted below and come from Jason Mraz CD “We sing, We dance, We steal things” (2008). I hope that when you hear this song you think of your fiancé and the journey you are about to embark on.

They don't know how long it takes

Waiting for a love like this
Every time we say goodbye
I wish we had one more kiss
I wait for you I promise you I will


Lucky I'm in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again
Lucky we're in love in every way
Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed
Lucky to be coming home someday


[Awww.. I love my Ricky. Last week he told me he wanted to make a post on my blog, I told him he could; then on Saturday he gave me this to post. CUTEY!]

No comments:

Post a Comment