Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bridesmaid Gift Idea

Last night I went shopping with my Matron of Honor [Amanda] and I was in search of cheap tank tops to make "Matron, Maid, Bridesmaid" Shirts. I know that NOT all of the girls want to wear one of these tanks BUT I also know my younger sisters [Bridesmaids] REALLY want one!

So, after walking around Old Navy I spotted the ribbed tanks that are usually 2 for $10 but instead their $7.50 each [OUCH!] After debating on tank top that reads "Matron, Maid, Bridesmaid" I weighed a decision that has yet to be made...

For everyone I could MAKE [I smell a DIY project] buttons that pin onto whatever their wearing OR sashes. :) And instead I could buy them all...
TA DA! This sun dress from Old Navy ONLY $15 & this way they could wear it again - rather than a "matron, Maid, Bridesmaid" tank. And we could all wear this (in different colors) for the rehearsal! Now only if I could find a coupon or something and I would totally jump on this thought.
$15 Sun Dresses x 1 Matron 1 Maid & 6 Bridesmaids = $120
I want great gifts for the girls but this may be pushing the gift budget just a little.

5 comments:

  1. I feel you on the money issue! lol

    Thanks so much for your comment on that oh-so-long post of mine. It was really great and although we are doing better, I will definitely look into that book soon, thanks for recommending. Give me an update when you're done reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a 30% off coupon that's valid from 3/12 thru 3/15. Email me at hbowar@hotmail.com if you want me to forward it to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought this dress!!! so cute and a great deal :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My camera is an Olympus FE-200. I used the Macro setting. It's a pretty decent camera!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm totally doing plain white T's from Michaels or hobby Lobby-- they are like $5 a piece and you can jazz them up with crafts!
    The idea of you all having little sun dresses is so good though!

    ReplyDelete