Thursday, April 2, 2009

It IS or Will Be All About US!

So I must begin by apologizing to all of my followers for my absence.
So, so sorry.

Long - long story short the Fi & I are having a tough time in discussions & more importantly finances. But we are working together (& with our own personal relationships with God) & we are going to make it through this tough time stronger than going into.

And over a rude awakening we discovered that while I am working 40 hours a week (15 hours more than the Fi - bc he is going to school and has pre-student teaching) the Fi is actually making more $ than me & gets benefits. What the heck?! So, you're telling me that I work 15 hours more at my job and I make $XX less & he gets benefits & I do not. Booo Hooo. I need to remind myself to be thankful that I have a job. & that unlike most people I like my job - alot!

But I must say - it does bother me a little that in an entire week I work 15 hours more... that is 1 1/2 days more and still make a good amount less. :/ That just shows how business can get away with paying you less because the economy is bad & so many, many people are out of a job. UGH!

Aside from our little discovery - I informed my Fi that I am not going to be chatting about our wedding to family & friends for a little bit... this story is one i've never really told on my blog.

Story: My Fi & I got engaged April 5, 2008. My Fi's twin brother proposed 2 weeks later to his gf My Fi & I went back and forth - back & forth on a wedding date... never nailed down a month or even a day; nor announced any thoughts or ideas we had discussed with each other. We soon found that my Fi's twin and his choose their wedding date. The beginning of June. My Fi & i knew we wanted to have an outdoor wedding - so anytime before the beginning of June was pretty much out of the question and we couldn't impose on my Fi's twins wedding date by arranging ours too close to theirs. So I settled. And I am waiting. And waiting. And waiting. And whenever I speak of my Fi's and my wedding to his family it is either oh, ah & you have plenty of time. And when I complain about the time I get the response: "it will be here before you know it"
Alright... help me out here... I either have "PLENTY OF TIME" or "IT WILL BE HERE BEFORE I KNOW IT" maybe it is just me but I find that these two contradict each other - or at least it does to me.

So, where I am heading with this story is whenever I get super, super excited about something my Fi and I decided on for our wedding it is pushed aside bc our wedding is 2nd and we have to concentrate on the twins wedding 1st. (I told Rick that if we could have a re-d0 I wouldn't have waiting to choose a date... I would've picked the end of April or beginning of May!) But bc our wedding is indeed in August. The end of August. August 22 & 2nd & last of my Fi's family weddings that are going to occur we are going to have the BIGGEST, BEST, Most BEAUTIFUL wedding - the wedding i've always dreamt of! It may not be perfect but so help me God it will be pretty damn close!

Concluding what i informed my Fi is that I am not going to try to talk to family, friends, etc. about our wedding until his twin brothers June wedding is over with. And the day after it is over the remaining 2 1/2 months is going to be ALL ABOUT US (My Fi & I & our wedding). Are you ready for this...

I'm only going to talk about wedding stuff ON HERE. For the next TWO months (60 something days)! 7 to my Fi of course bc we still need to find a cake baker, apartment, ceremony chairs & small details like that... but as for sharing in our happiness - it is not going to happen anymore until the calendar strikes June baby - bc i'm sick of being let down & i want to enjoy these last few (5) months of my (our) engagement!

Love to hear what you all think... or if you have any trials you have been or are being tested with.
Share your story - comments are welcome!

3 comments:

  1. My fiance and I are having the same money situation. He works 8-3 most days & makes just as much if not more money doing what he loves than I do working 8-6 in a job I hate. And we found out his student loans are going to be about 75% of his income each month. Which, added to our car payments, rent, insurance, etc. comes out to a whopping negative couple hundred each month. I initially freaked out, for about 2 weeks, but I have so much other stuff going on right now, that I am trying my best to be optimistic and not worry about it until at least the wedding is over in 2 weeks. So, as hard as it is, just don't try to dwell on it because it really can get you down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe! That would definitely be rough. Obviously you are very excited about your wedding but his family is concentrating on their other sons wedding first.

    I am very fortunate to have much older siblings (think 40's and 50's.....crazy, I know) and his older sister has been married for a couple of years. So we haven't ran into anything like this. thank goodness.

    At least you will have the blog to talk and share wedding news on! I know it is not the same but better than having to keep it all pent up inside. I hope that June gets here quickly for your sake! :-) Good luck!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My FH just got laid off recently, so the financial thing definitely has been an added stress. We are doing our best to stay positive! I'm glad you guys are as well! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete