Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I'm Already There

With wedding plans at a stand still, changes happening so quickly & the wedding just around the corner I've been thinking about my dad. My dad passed away when I was twelve and so I never got to introduce him to any high school crush or my fiance' Rick.
I know that my dad would approve of my choice, because I know he was with me the day that Rick proposed - I felt his presence in the sunshine, shinning on me.
[and the picture below was the day Rick proposed just a few minutes after (April 5, 2008) and in the picture below we did nothing to change it... that is just how it turned out & I feel as though it is an angel; my dad right there beside me]
Rick re-wrote me a song [a few years ago] to remind me that my dad will always be there for me - no matter what happens. And I know that I need him right now & I know he is here.
" She got down on her knees
And prayed alone in her cold bedroom
Just to tell her dad i love you one more time
But then she heard a sound
It was her daddy talking in the background
She smiled and wiped a tear from her eye
Her little voice said I love you so
And I wish you could come back home
He said the first thing that came to his mind
I'm already there
Take a look around
I'm the sunshine in your hair
I'm the shadow on the ground
I'm the whisper in the wind
I'm your imaginary friend
And I know I'm in your prayers
Oh I'm already there
Sometime I feel alone
I really miss you daddy
He said i see that you are beautiful and bright
You are my little girl
I'll always be here for you
And I know that I'll be in your dreams tonight
And I'll gently kiss your lips
Touch you with my figertips
So turn out the light and close your eyes
I'm already there
Don't make a sound
I'm the beat in your heart
I'm the moonlight shinning down
I'm the whisper in the wind
I'm your imaginary friend
Can you feel the love that we share
Oh I'm already there
We may be a million miles apart
But I'll be with you wherever you are
I'm already there"
[I'm Already There --- Original song written by Lone Star]

3 comments:

  1. Awe! Rick did a great job rewriting that song!

    That picture is amazing! I am sure you will feel your dad with you on your wedding day too! Hopefully another picture like the one above will be captured on that day too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That song is so precious-- I got a knot in my throat reading it. I guess now I'll start praying for sunshine on your wedding day! :)

    ReplyDelete