Tuesday, December 16, 2008

April 5, 2008

Rick and I got engaged on April 5, 2008 - It seems so weird saying that. Well, that we're getting married and were not going to have to settle for seeing each other mainly only on the weekends. Gosh, I cannot wait to not have to make that hour drive every weekend. But my gosh, were getting MARRIED. I know, I know, some married or divorced people say marriage isn't all its cracked up to be - but I have no doubts that this marriage is going to be forever. Always, Forever... and heck we're already passed the "honeymoon phase" in dating cause let me tell you Rick and I are not afraid to tell one another when we upset each other. But I truly believe that is a gift because not all couples can duke it out like us. :)

So, Rick proposed to me at the Detroit River Walk.
On the first warm day of the year.
I had no idea.


And when I say no idea I really mean NO IDEA... we never really talked about getting married, although him and I both knew we weren't going to date the rest of our lives. So it was a pleasant surprise in which I had no clue it was coming. Especially because earlier that day he gave me my surprise being a brand new digital camera - which was obviously meant to through me off. IT WORKED!


You can read about the whole enagement on our knot page.
http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/EricaSanders&RichardMeyereknot.com/ourwedding/EricaSanders&RichardMeyer


Here are some of my favorite PROPOSAL PHOTOS








This was before he proposed, even if it was warm outside once we got by the water I wasn't so warm anymore.






This picture of Rick I took just after he took the above picture of me. It occurs to me now that that hand of his in his pocket is hinding the box that holds my soon-to-be-enagement ring. Does he look nervous?



And lastly, this picture was taken by a guy that works for a group that is dedicated to making Detroit look more attractive to the worlds eye... he was the first person Rick & I told we had just gotten engaged. Which makes me chuckle a little.

Since April 5, WE dove right in on wedding planning, beginning first with a wedding date. *August 22, 2009*


Stay posted for photos & other wedding details. Coming soon...






For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Luke 12:34 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment